To make 2011 your best year to date, here are some suggestions:
- Wrap up 2010 by acknowledging your successes. Also examine your areas of opportunity.
- Ask yourself what you learned and how you can apply successes and opportunities to your goal plan for 2011.
- Assess what is important to you - where you want to place your energy and time. Remember - you have to choose key areas; you cannot focus on everything.
- Match up your values with your focus areas.
- Determine which roles you will focus on e.g. spouse, parent, business partner. etc.
- Write your 2011 goals for each key role and focus area.
- Write an action plan for each goal with quantitative tasks and due dates.
- Take the time to plan, review, and adjust. Do this: yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily.
- Choose a calendar systems that works for you - electronic or paper.
I wish for you all the best in 2011 - may it be your very best year! Enjoy!